Legal Secretary - Conveyancing
We are recruiting a full-time Legal Secretary to join our Conveyancing team, to provide administrative support within a busy team of fee earners.
* Take phone calls on behalf on the team, dealing with enquiries and where a referral is needed, ensure a comprehensive email is provided.
* Undertake audio typing of client correspondence/forms/documentation when required.
* Produce draft letters and emails to send clients and external organisations.
* Set up new matter instructions on the firms Practice Management System and CRM system.
* Issue the client care letter via email or post.
* Undertake file closure activity ensuring balances are appropriately actioned and client confirmation is issued.
* Prepare information for the Finance team covering billing and invoicing activities.
* General secretarial duties such as booking appointments, rooms and pool cars etc.
* Document management including photocopying, scanning, faxing, collating and binding.
* Work alongside Compliance in carrying out searches and background checks on prospective clients.
* Liaise with clients and external organisations over the telephone when required.
Skills and experience:
We are looking for an experienced Legal Secretary who thrives on working in a team and takes a proactive approach to their work.
We will expect you to:
* Have worked as a Legal Secretary in any legal department;
* Have strong oral and written communication skills as this role involves a high level of client contact;
* Be highly organised and professional;
* Be motivated and enthusiastic with a positive 'can do' attitude, remaining calm when under pressure;
* Have an eye for detail, produce accurate work;
* Have proficient IT skills and the ability to learn how to use new systems and technology quickly;
For the role of Legal Secretary we offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package; including 22 days annual leave (in addition to bank holidays) increasing to 25 with length of service, pension scheme, training and development, healthcare scheme, free on-site car parking, on-site cafe, an active social committee and childcare vouchers.
Please contact Phoebe Howles on 01926 357 209 or e-mail your cv