This is an exciting career opportunity for a Virtual Finance Officer to work for a flourishing Accountancy Practice in a fast-growing bookkeeping department.
As a VFO you will have experience in general bookkeeping and accounts, including payroll, in order to take responsibility for the accounting functions of external Clients, ensuring accuracy of the recorded transactions and providing real time reports and guidance to Clients.
This is a client facing role and as such you will attend meetings on customers' business premises, not only to gain an understanding of your Client's overall business but also to interact with the Owners, Directors or support the finance team generally.
To be successful in this role it is vital that you have experience working on multiple sets of Client accounts and on a daily basis your duties will include:
* Processing purchase & sales invoices
* Reconciling supplier and bank statements
* Submitting VAT returns
* Maintaining sales and purchase ledgers
* Prepayments and accruals
* Attending client meetings
* New system set-ups
* Dealing directly with clients, both at our office and at client's premises
* Resolving payment queries
* Producing reports for senior management
* Handling account related queries
* Production of monthly management accounts tailored to client requirements
What you'll need to succeed:
The successful candidate must have previous experience in the above duties in a similar all-round bookkeeping or Virtual Finance Officer position. AAT/ACCA qualified, however, those qualified by experience will be considered as well.
Applicants need excellent communication skills due to the client facing nature of the role with the ability to work well in high pressure situations to deadlines and be able to work on your own initiative.
Experience of cloud based accounting systems is preferred and a driving licence and access to your own vehicle is essential.
* A minimum of 18 months practical experience within a similar role ideally in a firm of Accountants
* Experience of processing high volumes of invoices
* Knowledge of Payroll and associated tasks
* Strong knowledge of cloud based accounting systems such as Xero
* Proven levels of accuracy and attention to detail
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong Microsoft Office and Outlook skills
* Self organised
* Ability to work alone and as part of a team