An exciting opportunity has arisen within a highly reputable, Legal 500 firm for a Head of Department within Commercial & Civil Litigation.
As Head of Litigation, you will be responsible for the day to day management of the department, including managing the department finances, budgets and compliance. You will be an excellent leader of people, offer training and support to members of your team, conduct performance reviews and outlining development plans.
Ideally you will have a minimum of 7 years PQE in Litigation, specifically Commercial and Civil, alongside experience within a head of department, management or supervisory role. You will also have a driving license and your own vehicle as you will travel to the Firm's other offices across Warwickshire.
* Day-to-day management of the department, ensuring the team are suitably trained and have clear development plans
* Pro-active marketing and business development of the department, working alongside the Business Development Director including attending networking and exhibition events
* Responsible for implementing and managing Risk and Compliance policies of the Firm relating to Litigation matters
* Arrange and chair regular departmental meetings
* Deal with complaints that arise within the department
* Ensure departmental procedures are AML, Lexcel compliant
* Monitor own caseload progression compliance and billing
* Undertake your own workload within Commercial and Civil Litigation
* Responsible for the department's achievement of agreed targets and review of key performance indicators
* Report to the Directors at Monthly Management Meetings and act as a representative of the department
* Comply with the quality systems
* Act always in an appropriate way as an employee of a professional practice
* Organise and attend all appropriate internal and external training seminars
This is an excellent opportunity for a Head of Department or someone ready to take that step, to build a department and grow the team.
Salary is competitive and comes alongside a fantastic employee benefits package.
If you wish to be considered for this opportunity, please apply now with a most up to date CV.