FTC 12 months
To deliver the fundraising strategy, planning and activity in order to achieve growth ambitions and fiscal targets.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Working with the Director, Business Development and others to develop and deliver a fundraising strategy and plan that achieves funding targets.
* Approaching businesses, local authorities, and individuals to secure funding.
* increase funds by researching and targeting charitable trusts, foundations and high net worth individuals whose criteria match the charity's aims and activities.
* Organising and leading fundraising activities such as sponsored or promotional events.
* Working with the Marketing and Communications team to develop and coordinate web-based fundraising.
* Planning and delivering donation campaigns and events.
* oversee corporate fundraising, through employee giving and matched giving from employers.
* Develop, manage and update databases to record donor contact and preference information.
* Write applications and mailshots, using direct mailing to reach a range of potential and current donors.
* In the longer
Key Skills and Person Specification:
Skills & Experience:
* Fundraising qualifications/registration and a minimum of 5 years successful fundraising experience
* Excellent bid writing skills
* Strong Project co-ordination/management experience
* Financially aware and capable of producing financial plans and reports
* Experience of working to defined priorities and achieving deadlines and targets
* Excellent computer literacy
* Excellent communication, report writing and presentation skills
* Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline/industry sector
* Proactive and self-managing
* Analytical with attention to detail
* Ability to work both independently and in teams
* Creative and problem-solving nature
* Personable, adaptable, flexible, practical and hands on
* Ability to influence through effective relationship building
Initial 1 Year fixed term
Full time - 35 hours
Salary - £30K
Holiday - 30 days inclusive of bank holidays
Pension - 12.5% employer & 5% employee (after 3-month probation)
Potential for flexible working so could be part working from home